An ''Autumn Epic''
The Autumn Epic is a European-style cyclosportive, starting in Knighton in Welsh Marches, and taking riders through the superb scenery of the ancient county of Radnorshire. It comes at the very end of the 2005 season – so should be the ideal opportunity for one last test of that precious summer fitness, and a great way to celebrate the season in style.
The Epic is around 135-140km in length, which is shorter than many cyclosportives, but don’t be fooled – it manages to pack in over 3200m of climbing and is a real challenge for any cyclist. You don’t have to be Lance to finish the Epic within the time limit, but you will need to be moderately fit - it should not be mistaken for a leisurely charity ride.
Radnorshire is near perfect cycling territory, with its outstanding unspoilt countryside and peaceful lanes - riders are in for a real treat if they haven’t ridden here before. The route is hilly from the first mile, and takes in lakes, valleys, moorland and mountains. Classic climbs include Abbey-Cwm-Hir, Elan Valley Mountain Road, and Glascwm Pitch.
The Autumn Epic is a fully supported event, featuring:
• Comprehensively and clearly way-marked route
• Electronic timing chip and route sheet to be collected at registration
• Two well-stocked feeding stations and checkpoints
• Broom wagon, mechanical support and 1st aid
• Quality photos of all riders available for purchase on the web (www.sportpixs.co.uk) within 48 hours
• Individual times available immediately, with Gold, Silver and Bronze standards
• Full results published on website within 24 hours
• Event t-shirt available for £5