This announcement from the organisers:

"Due to black ice on much of the course and the current forecast of snow and sub-zero temperatures over the next few days, the decision has been taken to cancel the event for this coming Saturday, in the interests of the safety of the riders.

"Much of the course in the small lanes of Surrey and Sussex where the sun gets little chance to melt and dry the roads, and even the main roads had black ice on them today when the course was checked out. Even with the better weather forecast for Saturday there is little chance of the black ice having melted.

"It is hoped that it can be run later in the year, and a provisional date of September 12th is currently being considered.

"If you would like to be notified by email of further developments, please contact our online representative at"