The 10th and final round of the Sigma Sport/Gizmondo SE RR Series will be held this Sunday (October 9th) at 13:30. Race HQ is Ockley Village Hall in Surrey and the 11.5 mile Ewhurst circuit will be covered 5 times before the riders tackle the 2.5 mile climb up Leith Hill.
Leading the series so far is Rob Hurd (Bioagrico Fabeler Selexion) with 426 points. Gary Dodd (Sigma Sport), winner of the series in 2003, is less than 100 points behind with 334 points. Dodd can technically win the series if it all goes wrong for Hurd on the day.
Anders Christensen (VC Meudon) has 233 points but needs to score points on the day to keep his 3rd place secure from Yves Millere (Kingston Wheelers) 168 points, Chris McNamara (Tunbridge Wells RC) 156 points, Duncan Urquhart (Viner Bikes Agisko) 150 points and James Holland-Leader (agiskoviner.com) 134 points.
Leading Vet is last years series winner, Steve Gower (Pacific Racing) and leading under 23 is Toby Neave (Liphook Cycles). The leading team with 3 points scorers are Sigma Sport on 449 points. Followed by VC Meudon 348 points and Viner Bikes Agisko on 300 points.
With a total prize fund of £2,875 for the series overall, cash prizes go down to 20th place. The 1st three teams will also get cash prizes as well as the 1st Vet and 1st Under 23.
1. Rob Hurd - Bioagrico Fabeler Selexion - 426
2. Gary Dodd - Sigma Sport RT - 334
3. Anders Christensen - VC Meudon - 233
4. Yves Milliere - Kingston Wheelers - 168
5. Chris McNamara - Tunbridge Wells RC - 156
6. Duncan Urqhart - Viner Bikes Agisko - 150
7. James Holland-Leader - agiskoviner.com - 134
8. Mark Daly - Team Darenth - 132
9. Tony Gibb - Team DFL - 122
10. Simon Lawn - Sigma Sport RT - 114