Herne Hill Velodrome
Herne Hill Velodrome is now open for training and racing. A staggering 74 rider's took part in the first Saturday training session on August 6. Traffic free and don't be afraid to come along, the velodrome is a joy to ride & novices will appreciate the advice & tuition they will be given. However remember that if it's raining it won't be used.
Week day Track training
TUESDAYS 6pm – 8pm Road Bikes £6
THURSDAYS 6pm – 8 pm Dernys £7 (British Cycling members only - due to insurance)
FRIDAYS 6pm - 8pm Under 16s and Ladies £3 This session is free for Under 16s, the cost will be met by the VCL youth fund
Saturday Track training 9am-10am Novice Induction £2
- Please arrive by 8:45 to be ready to start at 9am. Bike hire is available at £1.
- This session is free for Under 16s, the cost will be met by the VCL youth fund.
- Novices that pass the induction may stay on for the General Training session if they wish for an additional payment of £4 (plus £1 bike hire).
- 10am-1pm General Training £6
- Bike hire is available at £2
- This session is free for Under 16s, the cost will be met by the VCL youth fund
Herne Hill also features a small but nicely laid out of road course.
- 10am-11am Under 16s Mountain biking (beginners) £1
- Bike hire is available at £1
- 11am-1pm Under 16s Mountain biking (experienced) £1 Bike hire is available at £1
Saturday August 20th 1:30pm Roadmans 25
Monday August 29th 1pm National Derny Championships
Saturday Omnium Series
Going some way to offer weekly racing is the new Omnium series & open to all categories.
Saturday September 3rd 2pm HHPA Omnium 1
Saturday September 10th 2pm HHPA Omnium 2
Saturday September 17th 2pm HHPA Omnium 3
Saturday September 24th 2pm HHPA Omnium 4
- There will be no Monday or Wednesday comp this year.
- Spectators are free for all the above events.
- The Café will be open during Race meetings and Saturday morning General Training.
Any enquiries or for Private hire please contact the Duty Manager on 07776 087 059 or e-mail