Training kicks off at Herne Hill
Despite a very grey start to the day, this year’s first training session kicked off at Herne Hill stadium on Saturday morning.
The rain held off long enough to allow a good turn out of riders to get some serious hours in on the track.
The VCL home crowd turned out to put some miles in and newcomers were soon at ease with the through and off as it gained pace.
The Saturday sessions are a great way for all comers to ease their way into riding the track. The banking is completely un-daunting and unlike Newport and Manchester you don’t need accreditation to ride.
Inductions and under 12's training kicks off at 9am and at 10.30 the general training gets underway for more experienced riders and those who have found their feet and fancy joining in.
So, in the approach to the coming season we can look forward to many more sessions of the same and only hope the weather is a little less chilly for it.
For more information visit; www.vcl.org.uk.
Saturday Session times (weather dependent)
- Induction/Under 12's 9:00 - 10:30
- General Training 10:30 - 13:00
- Induction Adults £3 16-17 years £2 U16 £1
- General Training Adults £6 16-17 years £3 U16 £1
- Any riders doing the induction sessions can ride the main session paying the difference in price
- Bike hire is now free of charge.