Trek is giving away a Madone
And you could win it! Even better, it could be a Madone that you design through Project One. What is Project One? It’s Trek’s custom bike programme. You choose your frame, your colours, and your build kit. There are 56 million ways to design something entirely personal. And Trek are giving you a budget of £5,000 to do it.
Here’s how to enter:
- Visit the Project One website and design your bike
- At the end of the process, save your design to your Bike Rack, and email the image to yourself
- Upload your Project One design to RCUK’s Project One Forum here
- We’ll pick one winner at random from the uploaded designs
Just to recap…
- Build dream Trek bike on Project One
- Share a pic and details on our Project One Forum
- Win said bike (if you’re the lucky one)
A few tips and tricks…
To stay within budget, why not save money by getting the best frame and downgrading some components? For example, you could get carbon wheels if you opted for Ultegra instead of Dura Ace.
There are 4 paint options that don’t add anything to the price. The Signature Series paint schemes allow you to be more creative, but also cost more.
If you aren’t sure what size Trek you need, don’t worry. Your local Trek dealer can help.
There’s small print of course, but not much…
- Your budget is £5K
- You have to be a UK resident and over 18
- Use only Madone 5 and 6 series frame and forks (not Equinox TTX)
- You’ll need to be a member of RCUK , or join
- We’ll give your email address to Trek when you enter
- Closing date is 6th March 2010
- RCUK’s usual terms & conditions apply
Is that it? Yep, that’s it. Get cracking!
Still got a few questions?
Q: Project One, what’s that then?
A: It’s Trek’s lovely custom bike programme and you can read all about it here
Q: What if I win?
A: Project One is a process, so if you win you’ll need to visit your local Trek dealer to fine tune some things. You’ll get measured for what size bike you need, what size saddle you need, and to verify your choices. Once your order is placed, your Trek dealer will receive the bike, build it up for you, and perform a fitting to dial it in.
Q: How do I load the picture of my dream bike onto the forum?
A: You’ll probably work it out, but when we tested it out, we first saved the Your Bike Rack on Project One, emailed our design to ourselves and then used the uploaded image to RCUK Project One forum. It doesn’t take long but if you get stuck, you’ll find some help here.
Q: Can I enter more than one bike?
A: Yeah, why not
Q: Can I spec any bike I want?
A: Yep, as long as it’s based on a Madone frame and forks and you’re under the £5K budget
What are you waiting for? Start designing