10 years ago, Mavic introduced the world famous Helium: the first lightweight climbing specific wheel. The new Ksyrium Edition Spéciale takes all the best of Helium and adds the excellence plus the technology of Ksyrium.
The Ksyrium ES is the result of the latest Mavic technological developments. The new wheels will be action at the Tour de France with professional road cyclists such as the members of Lampre-Caffita Team and Cofidis.
Main features (claimed)
1 – Perfect steering control because of the front and rear rim differentiation. From each wheel specific attributes are used: rigidity and low inertia on the front and responsiveness and power transfer on the rear.
2 – Optimized lightweight on every part of the wheel with the best combination of materials (Maxtal aluminium, carbon, titanium) and use, for a wheel set weighing less than 1.5 kg.
3 – Perfect pedalling power transfer to the rear wheel by the creation of an exclusive oversized rear hub, mixing the efficient Isopulse lacing and a 25 mm ISM milled rim.
4 – Exclusive design of the Special Edition, delivered with an anniversary wheel bag recalling the famous Helium (used with success by L. Jalabert, C. Boardman, R. Virenque and many others), and introduced at that time as the first complete, homogenous lightweight racing wheel.
• Ø 700c clincher: front 645 g, rear 840 g (ED10)
• Ø 700c tubular: front 630 g, rear 840 g (ED10)
• Material: Maxtal
• Colour: black anodized
• Profile height: front 22 mm, rear 25 mm
• Joint: SUP welded
• Drilling: Fore
• Braking surface: UB Control
• Milling: ISM
• Valve: valve hole Ø: 6.5 mm?
• Material: Zicral
• Type: straight pull, profiled, black
• Nipples: M7 aluminum with locking rings
• Count: front 18, rear 20
• Lacing pattern: front radial, rear Isopulse lacing concept HUBS
• Front body: carbon, oversize + aluminum walls
• Rear body: oversize, aluminum alloy, red
• Front axle: aluminum, rear: aluminum and titanium
• Bearing: QRM+Free wheel system: FTS-L
Tyre: clincher, tubular M10 or ED10
BR 601 titanium quick release, wheel bags, wheel magnet (front wheel), bearing adjustment tool (rear wheel), spoke wrench (rear wheel), spoke wrench for aerodynamic spokes (rear wheel), instructions and warranty card.
sub 1500g wheelset
Front with carbon hubs
rear up close