The horrendous black sock incident
it’s as light as a feather
Perfect for those little emergencies
Rapha’s Gilet Tech. spec:
• Pertex Quantum parachute silk is 100% windproof
• Fully breathable mesh back
• It is water resistant yet weighs only 30g a metre
• Snug, high collar to keep out draughts
• Spray panel at back
• Small front pocket
• Highly visible reflective piping on back seams
• Twin lock down zips at the shoulders
• Easy to pull on over the head (even when wearing a helmet)
• Velcro fasteners at neck
• Lycra binding around arm holes and base
• Rapha no quibble guarantee
• Free exchanges and returns
• Repair service also available
However carefully you prepare for a ride, the weather can always catch you out. And there are often moments – the early morning, at the top of a col, a mechanical on the way home in the evening – when a little more protection is needed.
The Rapha Emergency Gilet has been created for these moments. The smallest, lightest gilet on the market, it is manufactured from 30g parachute silk that is as light as a feather, but super tough. It is completely windproof and will keep the rain off for 30 minutes or so (enough time to get you to shelter). It comes with its own stuff sack with straps to attach it under your saddle making it so easy to carry that you’ll never want to leave home without it, whatever the season.
To minimise the weight and bulk of the gilet, a full front zip has been replaced by twin zips on the shoulders. Lycra binding around the armholes and base ensure a snug fit. The high neck is held in place by Velcro. The mesh back is totally breathable, with a central spray panel at the bottom. A small chest pocket with concealed zip completes the specification.
A test on RCUK soon. The Emergency gilet is available in transparent silver or black and in four sizes, the price is a stiff drink requiring £85… for more info or to order visit www.rapha.cc