Addressing the needs of the female rider, Cannondale introduces two new women’s specific Synapse models to their road bike range. Using established Synapse technology but with tailored geometry, frame sizes and components mean that women no longer need to compromise when it comes to road riding.
Choose from the Synapse Carbon with Shimano 105 10 speed groupset at £1,699 or the Synapse Aluminium Tiagra, with Shimano Tiagra at £1,049. Both come in sizes 47, 50, 53 and 56cm with 700c wheels on all frame sizes. We haven’t had the fortune of a close up look yet or a test ride, but Cannondale say that:
• Fork rake and headtube angles [are] optimised for top tube lengths and to minimize toe clip overlap.
• Alloy frames add 1cm of headtube length.
• Women’s-specific Synapse fork has 50mm of rake.
• Combined with slightly relaxed headtube angles, this leaves more room for toes and toe clips on smaller women’s frames.
• The bikes feature women-specific stem lengths and handlebar widths on every model, Fi’zi:k Vitesse Feminine CP/Sport saddles, ITM Elle handlebars, short reach shifters and levers and 165mm cranks on 47cm bikes.
Go to www.cannondale.com for more details.