Sunday 12th June 2011 is the date for the 6th edition of the UCI Wiggle Magnificat cyclosportive, which is headquartered at Newbury Racecourse. Online entry opens on Sunday 5th December.
The event, which brings together competitive, experienced, club, leisure, and family cyclists, offers a choice of rides to suit every level of ability, from the 127-mile MagnifiCat, which reaches the South Downs, to a 2.5mile KiddiCat multi-lap sportive, run within the racecourse grounds, for children and families. This ride features chip timing, bike number, feed station and lap time displays.
Wiggle will be title sponsors this year, with Torq once again providing nutrition and energy supplements. In addition the event is committed to raising funds for The Fire Fighters Charity (FFC) and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) Charities.
- The main rides: 127mile MagnifiCat / 81mile InterCat / 51mile CommuniCat across Hampshire and Wiltshire. The long route takes in the spectacular South Downs.
- Within racecourse grounds: 2.5mile KiddiCat multi-lap sportive for all families with kids over 6years – chip timing, bike number, feed station and lap time displays and an inter-school competition
- School cycle activities & competitions: £600 of Wiggle prize vouchers to award.
- Newbury Racecourse HQ: excellent facilities – showers, changing room, bar, on site car-parking; not to mention easy access by rail or road from London, the Midlands, the south coast and the M5 corridor.
- High standards of delivery: a no-compromise attention to rider and volunteer safety has secured UCI accreditation for the 5th year running.
- Rider Numbers: entry limit is 2,000. There were over 1,500 entries last year, so book early to avoid disappointment.
- Motorcycle and rapid response teams: All vehicles and motorcycles carry GPS Trackers.
Full details and online entry may be found at www.cyclegb.co.uk