Apologies to those who have donated recently, as we said there would be a prize… well we’ve been dragging our feet a little but we do now have some prizes arranged. If we don’t already have your address please send your details in to [email protected]
Thanks to everyone who has donated, to date we have raised over £200 which is excellent, please feel free to send us more though as we’d like to build a fleet of Africa Bikes in RCUK colours!
There’s now a way to help support the BikeTown AfricaBike project without travelling to Botswana to help them build bikes, you can “invest” in the project via ‘Hank and Frank’s Adopt an AfricaBike’ program.
According to Kona:
Due to an overwhelming number of enquiries from conscientious people who have heard about the AfricaBike project and asked, “What can we do to help?”, along with a great suggestion from the guys at one of Kona USA’s dealers that we allow people to, “Adopt an AfricaBike,” Kona has decided to do just that; for $100, you can adopt an AfricaBike.
The idea was born when the team at Hank and Frank’s Bicycles in Lafayette, CA, USA asked us, “How much would it cost to adopt an AfricaBike, that is buy one and donate it to the cause?”
We thought it was such a great idea, that’s exactly what we’re doing!
So, here’s how you can assist health care workers treating HIV and AIDS patients in Botswana by adopting your very own AfricaBike through Hank and Frank’s Adopt an AfricaBike Fund:
– For €100, you, your shop, your family, your magazine…can adopt an AfricaBike.
– Payment arrangements can be made through your helpful Kona sales rep or directly to Kona Europe
– Along with your check, you can include a small sticker from your favorite bike shop and we will paste it on to the bike.
– After the adopted bike is built and tested, we will take a photo of the bike and email it to you upon our return.
– We’ll keep a gallery of the bikes posted on this site as well as a listing of people and organizations that have adopted a bike.
The money will go towards financing future AfricaBike projects. Cheques should be made out to Kona Europe, the memo should read AfricaBike Adoption.
Here’s the postal address:
Rue Honore Labande
More than 200 of the specially designed bicycles are scheduled for delivery to health-care workers in Botswana in April. The research, design, development and delivery of the Kona AfricaBikes is documented at www.konabiketown.com