Be part of a festival of cycle challenges and charity leisure rides taking place at the prestigious stately home location of Highclere Castle, Nr Newbury, Berks. We have heard that this is a fantastic challenging course and is all set to be a superbly organised event.
There are three cyclosportive challenges proposed for the Highclere Castle Cyclosportive on the 20th August 2006: 110 mile individual, 110 mile 4-person team challenge, and 50 mile individual. Plus two leisure rides supporting Fire Services National Benevolent Fund Charity (FSNBF): 50mile ride and a shorter route option of 32miles.
The courses we have designed will test your physical ability and mental strength to judge pace, endurance and stamina to the limit – 3000metres of ascent, classic undulating Hampshire Downs countryside, hammer time along the Test Valley and then the Scorpion’s sting on Inkpen Beacon.
• Local Accommodation: Over 600 hotel rooms within fifteen minutes drive of Highclere Castle
• Fully supported: From the moment you enter the grounds to when we send you homeward after your success.
• Easy Access: Highclere Castle is conveniently located between M3 and M4.
• TLC: Sports Masseurs at the finish to take away those aches and pains!
• Date: Sunday August 20th 2006
• Course: 110 miles individual and/or 110miles team entries, 50 miles individual entry and 50mile ride and a shorter route option of 32miles (charity rides).
• Venue: Start/finish Highclere Castle, Newbury, Berkshire
• Cost: £21.00 – 110mile, £17.00 – 50 mile, £12.50 – 50m or 30m Charity Rides
• Supported by Reading Cycling Club.
• Individual electronic timing by HS Sports.
• Enter your individual and team entries straight away – www.cyclegb.co.uk