The first stage of the 54th FBD Insurance RÁS 2006, the UCI 2.2 stage race in Ireland. In a tight sprint finish Chris Newton (recycling) pipped Irish rider Tommy Evans (who had already started to celebrate the win) on the line. Plenty of racing left but it looks like it will be a close fought battle.
Results Stage 1 – May 21 – Dublin to Enniscorthy – 121 km
1. Chris Newton (GBr) Recycling.co.uk 2.48.37
2. Tommy Evans (Irl) IRC Usher Insuls.
3. Joe McDonnell (Aus) FRF Couriers 0.02
4. Bartlomiej Matysiak (Pol) Legia Bazylisek
5. Benjamin Hill (Ger) Stevens
6. Morten Hegreberg (Nor) Sparebanken Vest
7. Robin Sharman (GBr) Recycling.co.uk
8. Joshua Marden (Aus) FRF Couriers
9. Cody Stevenson (Aus) FRF Couriers
10. Jehudi Schoonacker (Bel) M.Donnelly Sean Kelly
More results info and stage profiles at: www.fbdinsuranceras.com