The first two days of the National Track Championships at Manchester this week really showed that there is some seriously tough competition between the women.
Day one saw the Women’s 500mTT with Victoria Pendleton retaining her National title and setting the time of 34.641, smashing last years time. Victoria really is on flying form and looking stronger than ever. We’ll be bringing you a full interview with the World Champ later this week.
In Silver position was GB and VC St Raphael rider Anna Blythe. Anna has been intensively training with the National squad and put in an excellent ride, coming in with a time of 36.771.
And in Bronze position came a well deserving Janet Birkmyre who having come straight out of the World Masters with three medals jumped straight into this competition. She rode a smooth ride as ever and came in at 37.798.
Paralympian, Sarah Bailey showed enormous strength and put in a truly skilled ride to come in seventh. We’ll have a full interview with Sarah, coming soon, so keep an eye on the site.
Women 500m Time Trial Championship – Results
1. Victoria PENDLETON scienceinsport.com 34.621
2. Anna BLYTH VC St Raphael 36.771
3. Janet BIRKMYRE Planet X – Cycling Plus 37.798
4. Sian RICHARDSON CC Cardiff 38.267
5. Lucy AYRES Sportscity Velo 38.296
6. Siobhan MULLAN Raleigh ERV 38.959
7. Sarah BAILEY VC St Raphael 39.937
8. Deborah CAPEWELL Brooks Cycles 40.588
9. Becki RIMMINGTON Melton Olympic CC 42.026
10. Femke VAN SCHELVEN Fat Birds UK 44.442
11. Lynn HAMEL Kent Valley RC 44.640
Vicky, Anna and Janet grace the podium