The Evans Cycles Ride It! events comprise a series of organised road and off-road rides that are designed to take the hassle out of your weekend riding. The rides are non-competitive with an emphasis on riding with other riders, riding in new areas and sampling some of the best cycling the UK has to offer.
“It’s all about getting people to use their bikes more often” says Event Manager Dean Stacey. “What we do is take the hassle out of getting out on your bike – we research the routes, mark out the courses, plot them on a map and provide support throughout the day. All you need to do is turn up and ride!”
The series makes its debut at Evans Cycles head office at Gatwick over the weekend of the 29th and 30th March (MTB on Saturday and road on Sunday) and then takes places twice a month at a different venue around the UK. Every road ride has 4 pre-marked routes designed for all standards of riders from family groups to experienced cyclists.
The ‘family road ride’ is a 15 mile route, which makes a good introduction to road riding. Designed for the whole family to enjoy, it has minimal climbing and takes place on quieter roads. The ‘short ride’ is around 30 miles and is ideal for casual riders or the commuter who wants to spend some leisure time on their bike. The ‘medium ride’ is about 60 miles and is the perfect distance to integrate the ride into your training schedule and work your way up to the 90 mile plus ‘long distance’ route – a ride that will really test your fitness and stamina.
“Although we cater for the experienced road rider, the rides have been designed for novices and families as well” explains Dean. “At every event there’s a shorter 15 mile loop and all kids under 16 ride free. The free entry for kids is something that is unique and designed to encourage more youngsters into riding their bikes.”
Adult entry is £10 per rider. Entries can be purchased on the Evans Cycles website and are also taken on the day (subject to a £2.50 surcharge)
– Every ride includes:
– Pre-marked routes for all abilities
– FREE Memory Map OS map for each rider
– FREE SIS energy food & drink
– FREE kids’ entry
– Mechanical service
Dates and Venues
– Gatwick March 29th & 30th Evans Cycles HQ, RH10 9TZ
– Brighton April 12th & 13th Plumpton College. BN7 3AE
– Woking April 26th & 27th Parish Pavilion, Chobam, GU24 8AZ
– Gateshead May 17th & 18th Evans Cycles Gateshead, NE11 9YS
– Albury, Surrey Hills May 31st & June 1st Albury Cricket Club, GU5 9DB
– Milton Keynes June 7th & 8th The Pavilion, Bow Brickhill, MK17 9JB
– Dorking, Surrey Hills June 28th & 29th The Priory School, Dorking, RH4 3DG
– Thirsk, North York Moors July 12th & 13th Sutton Bank Visitor Centre, Thirsk, YO7 2EH
– Stokenchurch, Chilterns July 26th & 27th Stokenchurch Primary School, HP14 3RN
– Hayfield Manchester August 9th & 10th Venue TBC
– Oxted, North Downs August 30th & 31st Hazelwood School, Oxted, RH8 0QU
– North London September 13th & 14th Chancellor’s School, Hatfield, AL9 7BN
– Bristol September 20th & 21st Venue TBC
– Nottingham October 4th & 5th Oaklands Centre, Warsop, NG20 0JE
– West London October 18th & 19th Venue TBC
Ride It is not just about getting out on your bike, it’s also about sampling the latest bikes from Evans Cycles extensive range of mountain bikes. Visit the Evans Cycles website for details on demo bike availability.