Southern Sportives 2011 season events have opened for booking, starting with the hugely popular Princes Risborough Sunday Sportive on April 17th.
Now in its fifth year, the Princes Risborough event has sold out on the last four occasions, drawing a record 700 riders in 2010. “Risborough looks set to be a sell out again,” says Martin from Southern Sportive.”It has sold out up to two months ahead in past years, and we always end up having to turn riders away. We’ve upgraded our booking engine for 2011 though, and will at least be able to run a proper reserve list this season.”
The Sunday Sportives roll throughout the year, with a series of established favourites across the south of England capped by two big premier-level events. The 100 mile Great Western Sportive in June was launched to great acclaim in 2010, drawing praise from riders and the press for its stunning course and excellent organisation. With support form the Nationwide Building Society, the event is set to be even bigger and better in 2011.
September sees the sixth outing for the now-classic 1500-rider Southern Sportive. The original South Downs sportive, the Southern draws riders back year after year to take on one of the most rewarding courses on the calendar.
Here is the list of dates in full.
- 13th March – Sportive Pulse pre season event, Duncton (South Downs)
- 17th April – Princes Risborough Sunday Sportive
- 15th May – Duncton Sunday Sportive
- 19th June – Great Western Sportive (Swindon, Marlborough Downs)
- 3rd July – Reigate Sunday Sportive14th August – Woodcote Sunday Sportive (South Chilterns)
- 11th September – The Southern Sportive (Petersfield)
- 9th October – New location (to be announced)
Find out more at www.southernsportive.com