Tom Scully (Team Raleigh) has won the seventh round of the 2013 Pearl Izumi Tour Series.
The New Zealander lapped the entire field after breaking clear of a five-man break on a challenging circuit in Redditch.
Scully, a winner already this season on the international stage after taking a stage of the Tour of Normandie, also won the evening’s IG Sprints competition and Costa Express Fastest Lap.
Liam Holohan (Madison Genesis), Chris Opie (Team UK Youth), Kristian House (Rapha Condor Sharp) and Mike Northey (Node4-Giordana) also lapped the field, finishing in that order.
Despite Scully’s victory, it was Metaltek-Knights of Old who took the team victory by posting three riders in the top 10.
Dale Appleby finished sixth, ahead of seventh-placed team-mate, Ben Stockdale, who finished one place in front of David McGowan.
Scully’s victory was good news for his team, however, enabling the Nottingham squad to trim the lead of table-toppers, Team UK Youth, to five points.
The aforementioned quintet broke away early in the race, with House and Scully vying for points in the intermediate IG Sprints competition.
Despite the battle for points, the breakaway worked effectively to increase their lead to more than a minute.
Having resumed their points battle at the final intermediate sprint, Scully and House rode clear of their companions in the breakaway.
With about 10 laps to go, Scully broke clear of House, beginning an assault that carried him past the peloton.
The chasing quartet also passed a bewildered bunch. Holohan made his move on the climb to the finish to ride home ahead of Opie.
Despite being lapped, riders in the bunch continued their quest for team placings, with Metaltek-Knights of Old maximizing the potential of a confusing situation.
Highlights of Round Seven in Redditch will be shown on ITV4 at 10pm on tonight, and repeated at 10.30am tomorrow.
The Tour Series visits the nation’s capital tomorrow (Thursday June 6), with round eight set to unfold at the Canary Wharf business district of London.
Pearl Izumi Tour Series 2013: round seven (Redditch) – result
1) Tom Scully (NZL) – Team Raleigh
2) Liam Holohan (GBR) – Madison Genesis
3) Chris Opie (GBR) – Team UK Youth
4) Kristian House (GBR) – Rapha Condor JLT
5) Mike Northey (NZL) – Node4 Giordana Racing
6) Dale Appleby (GBR) – Metaltek – Knights of Old
7) Ben Stockdale (GBR) – Metaltek – Knights of Old
8) David McGowan (GBR) – Metaltek – Knights of Old
9) Dan Barry (NZL) – Node4 Giordana Racing
10) Roman Van Uden (NZL) – Node4 Giordana Racing
1) Team UK Youth – 63pts
2) Team Raleigh – 58pts
3) Madison Genesis – 54pts
4) Rapha Condor JLT – 49pts
5) Node4 Giordana Racing – 44pts
6) Metaltek – Knights of Old – 40pts
7) MG Maxifuel – 31pts
8) Team Hope Factory Racing – 18pts
9) Team IG Sigma Sport – 18pts
10) Spin Rotor – Primal – C-Originals -10pts