Jon Mould (Team UK Youth) has won the Colchester round of the 2013 Pearl Izumi Tour Series.
The Welshman broke clear with Richard Lang (Raleigh) and Raymond Van Udden (Node4-Giordana), before beating Lang in a sprint after Van Udden faded.
Tobyn Horton added further lustre to Team UK Youth’s showing, with a further two team-mates close behind, making four riders from the Nigel Mansell-owned team in the top 10.
Niklas Gustavsson finished eight, but by doing so helped his team to another narrow win over Raleigh, who finished second, fifth, and seventh, and now trail UK Youth by seven points in the overall standings.
The leading trio of Mould, Lang, and Van Uden went clear at the approach to the second IG Sprint and soon increased to more than a minute.
Mould attacked at the right time to end the challenge of Van Uden, and sprinted clear of Lang on the rise of Colchester High Street.
Team Raleigh’s Tom Scully claimed the Costa Express Fastest Lap, wile Lang collection the IG Sprint prize for round six.
Overall lead of the sprints competition changed hands in the absence of Scully’s team-mate, Alexandre Blain, who has a broken finger. Kristian House (Rapha Condor JLT) now leads that competition.
Highlights of the action from Colchester will be shown at 10pm tonight (Friday May 31) at 10pm, and repeated at 6.25am tomorrow on the same channel.
The series moves to Redditch on Tuesday June 4.
Pearl Izumi Tour Series 2013 – Round six (Colchester) – result
1) Jon Mould (GBR) – Team UK Youth
2) Richard Lang (AUS) – Team Raleigh
3) Roman Van Uden (NZL) – Node4 Giordana Racing
4) Tobyn Horton (GBR) – Team UK Youth
5) Tom Scully (NZL) – Team Raleigh
6) Yanto Barker (GBR) – Team UK Youth
7) Tom Moses (GBR) – Team Raleigh
8) Niklas Gustavsson (SWE) – Team UK Youth
9) Dean Downing (GBR) – Madison Genesis
10) Richard Hepworth (GBR) – Node4 Giordana Racing
1) Team UK Youth – 56 points
2) Team Raleigh – 49 points
3) Madison Genesis – 48 points
4) Rapha Condor JLT – 44 points
5) Node4 Giordana Racing – 36 points
6) Metaltek – Knights of Old – 29 points
7) MG Maxifuel – 27 points
8) Team IG Sigma Sport – 17 points
9) Team Hope Factory Racing -15 points
10) Spin Rotor – Primal – C-Originals – 7 points