Yanto Barker (Team UK Youth) has won the opening round of the Pearl Izumi Tour Series.
The Welshman outsprinted Tom Scully (Team Raleigh) and Mike Northey (Node4-Giordana) to take victory in Kirkcaldy.
The three-men had broken clear of the field, but Barker showed a decisive turn of speed in the final dash for the line.
Nottingham-based Team Raleigh head the team standings after placing three men in the top six, and so doing enough to head off the challenge of Team UK Youth and Rapha Condor JLT.
Felix English (Rapha Condor JLT) produced a strong ride to finish fourth, spending much of the race out front with the leaders before succumbing to cramp in the closing stages.
Alexandre Blain, winner of stage two of this year’s Tour of Normandie, continued his fine form for Raleigh by taking the first of two intermediate sprints, and winning the bunch sprint for the minor placings after the aforementioned quartet had finished.
Richard Lang was fifth, gaining vital team competition points for his Rapha Condor JLT squad.
Northey heads the IG Sprints standings ahead of Scully and Blain, while further evidence for the deserving nature of Barker’s win could be found in his position at the head of the Costa Express Fastest Lap standings.
The series moves to Durham city on Thursday, where Kristian House (Rapha Condor JLT) won last year.
Pearl Izumi 2013 Tour Series: round one (Kirkcaldy) – result
1) Yanto Barker (GBR) – Team UK Youth
2) Tom Scully (NZL) – Team Raleigh
3) Mike Northey (NZL) – Node4-Giordana
4) Felix English (IRL) – Rapha Condor JLT
5) Richard Lang (AUS) – Team Raleigh
6) Alexandre Blain (FRA) – Team Raleigh
7) Dean Downing (GBR) – Madison Genesis
8) Chris Opie (GBR) – Team UK Youth
9) James McCallum (GBR) – Rapha Condor JLT
10) Alex Peters (GBR) – Madison Genesis
Team standings after one round
1) Team Raleigh – 10pts
2) Team UK Youth – 9pts
3) Rapha Condor JLT – 8pts
4) Node4 Giordana Racing – 7pts
5) Madison Genesis – 6pts
6) Metaltek – Knights of Old – 5pts
7) MG Maxifuel – 4pts
8) Team IG Sigma Sport – 3pts
9) Team Hope Factory Racing – 2pts
10) Spin Rotor – Primal – C-Originals – 1pt